Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Non exclusive node labels in yarn

Rising Star

Hi,

I have a question about node labels usage...

At the moment, we didn't use this feature on our cluster => all the queues can use resources from all the nodes.

Now, I would like to restrict one queue to a subset of nodes (this nodes having particular rights on our network). In other words, I would like that my previously existing queues continue to use resources from all the nodes of the cluster and that only the new queue is restricted to a sub set of nodes.

I've read around node labels feature, but I'm wondering about one detail : From what I understood, one node can be assigned only one single label => as soon as I will associate "mylabel" to a subset of nodes, these nodes will not have the "default" label anymore, right ?

My question is about all the queues that already existed in our configuration : will they be able to use resources from all the nodes (option 1) or only from the "default" labelled ones (option 2)?

Must I define "mylabel" as "non exclusive" label to fit with option 1 ?

Thanks for your help

2 REPLIES 2

Guru

Hi, if your labels are tagged as non exclusive then yes your queues will be able to access those resources.

documentation is pretty clear around labeling: take a look at https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.1/bk_yarn-resource-management/content/configu...

Rising Star

Thanks for your reply. Seems a little bit tricky to configure but will give it a try !

; ;