Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Non exclusive node labels in yarn

Non exclusive node labels in yarn

Rising Star

Hi,

I have a question about node labels usage...

At the moment, we didn't use this feature on our cluster => all the queues can use resources from all the nodes.

Now, I would like to restrict one queue to a subset of nodes (this nodes having particular rights on our network). In other words, I would like that my previously existing queues continue to use resources from all the nodes of the cluster and that only the new queue is restricted to a sub set of nodes.

I've read around node labels feature, but I'm wondering about one detail : From what I understood, one node can be assigned only one single label => as soon as I will associate "mylabel" to a subset of nodes, these nodes will not have the "default" label anymore, right ?

My question is about all the queues that already existed in our configuration : will they be able to use resources from all the nodes (option 1) or only from the "default" labelled ones (option 2)?

Must I define "mylabel" as "non exclusive" label to fit with option 1 ?

Thanks for your help

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Non exclusive node labels in yarn

Guru

Hi, if your labels are tagged as non exclusive then yes your queues will be able to access those resources.

documentation is pretty clear around labeling: take a look at https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.1/bk_yarn-resource-management/content/configu...

Re: Non exclusive node labels in yarn

Rising Star

Thanks for your reply. Seems a little bit tricky to configure but will give it a try !