Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Not able to add a host to an existing cluster.

Not able to add a host to an existing cluster.

New Contributor

Hi,

I have a 2 node node cluster with cloudera manager agent of version 5.3.2 and CHD of version 5.2.  I plan to set this up as a 3 node cluster. When I add a new host to the cluster from console, by default the cloudera manager agent is picked as version 5.4 (this being the lastest) and the intallation fails ... I followed the follwing steps (both options tries)

Steps Followed:

1> From the cloudera admin console , I select "Add new host to Cluster"
2> I provide the hostname which it detects successfully.
3> In Select repository option - I make the selection - "Matched release for this Cloudera Manager Server"
4> I select "Install Oracle Java SE Development Kit (JDK)" in installation option.
5> Instllation initiates.
6> It fails after installing the cloudera manager agent. Default download is for agent with version 5.4 while mine is version 5.3.2
7> Fails because of the version conflict.

I then tried the second option.
Starting from step 3 again ...

3> In Select repository option - I provide the url for the previous version.
4> I select "Install Oracle Java SE Development Kit (JDK)" in installation option.
5> Instllation initiates.
6> It fails after installing the cloudera manager agent. Default download is for agent with version 5.4 while mine is version 5.3.2
7> Fails because of the version conflict.

Can somebody please help ??

###############  Logs   ##################