Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Not able to browse file system from namenode and getting message "Failed to retreive data from /webhdfs/v1/?op=LISTSTATUS: Service Unavailable, Please help

Highlighted

Not able to browse file system from namenode and getting message "Failed to retreive data from /webhdfs/v1/?op=LISTSTATUS: Service Unavailable, Please help

New Contributor

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Not able to browse file system from namenode and getting message "Failed to retreive data from /webhdfs/v1/?op=LISTSTATUS: Service Unavailable, Please help

What command or webpage did you use? Is your Namenode/HDFS Service running?

Re: Not able to browse file system from namenode and getting message "Failed to retreive data from /webhdfs/v1/?op=LISTSTATUS: Service Unavailable, Please help

Super Guru

@praveen - As requested by @Jonas Straub could you please check if hdfs service is running fine and you are able to access hdfs via command line.

Please check if webhdfs is enabled ( check value of dfs.webhdfs.enabled in hdfs-site.xml ) it should be set to true.

New Contributor

Thank you for reply @Jonas Straub and @Kuldeep Kulkarni, my namenode and datanode both are working fine. I can access hdfs through command line but when i try to browse hdfs files from browser port http://localhost:50070/explorer.html#/ , It shows the error message i asked in question.

Super Guru
Can you please check value of dfs.webhdfs.enabled in hdfs-site.xml ?

New Contributor

yes dfs.webhdfs.enabled is true

Mentor

@praveen are you still having issues? Can you accept the best answer or provide your own solution?