Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Not able to download HDP sandbox for virtualbox in windows

Whenever I click the Download for Virtual Box link, I am asked for a form and after I fill it. The browser gets stuck at processing screen, I have gone through various forums and I tried everything as listed below but with no luck.

1) Pop up blocker is disabled

2) Tried all the browsers Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari

Please suggest me a way to download, i am stuck on this from past couple of days.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

hi @Sahil Jindal

I just tried to download the VirtualBox HDP 2.6 sandbox using Chrome. I filled out the form, and when I submitted it, after about 2-3 seconds, the file download began and my browser prompted me to save the file. If you are able to try from a different machine (are file downloads that large prevented by your IT policies?), that might be a good test. It does appear to be working correctly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Guru

hi @Sahil Jindal

I just tried to download the VirtualBox HDP 2.6 sandbox using Chrome. I filled out the form, and when I submitted it, after about 2-3 seconds, the file download began and my browser prompted me to save the file. If you are able to try from a different machine (are file downloads that large prevented by your IT policies?), that might be a good test. It does appear to be working correctly.

Rising Star

HDP 2.6 sandbox file size is so big.

I recommend you should use download manager apps(ex. Internet Download Manager)

with this link 'https://downloads-hortonworks.akamaized.net/sandbox-hdp-2.6/HDP_2.6_virtualbox_05_05_2017_14_46_00_hdp.ova'.