Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Not able to empty the connection queue in Nifi.. Help!

Highlighted

Not able to empty the connection queue in Nifi.. Help!

error-while-clearing-connection-queue.png

nifi-queue.png

I am not able to clear the connection queue in Nifi. The only change i made to the PutJMS processor was to change the URL to failover:(address)?randomize=false. The message just stopped in the queue and did not proceed to PutJMS. I stopped all the processors after sometime in the hope that I will change the config again for further testing. But since the queue is not empty and it is not allowing me to change the config in PutJMS processor.

PS: I am trying to send messages to IBM MQ using PutJMS.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Not able to empty the connection queue in Nifi.. Help!

Super Collaborator

@Chandan singh

looks like your PutJMS is still running , you wont be able to clear the queue until it finishes .

74477-hung.jpg

if your process is hung , you have to restart NiFi.

Master Guru

@Chandan Singh

If you would like to investigate this further, you can get a NiFi thread dump and look for the "putJMS" related threads to see what those threads are waiting on.

# ./nifi.sh dump <dump-file-name>

Unfortunately right now there is no way to interrupt/kill these threads from within NiFi's UI. NiFi will be adding that ability in a future release. For now, as Saikrishna mentioned, a NiFi restart will be required to kill these threads if they never complete on their own.

Thanks,

Matt

Highlighted

Explorer

@Chandan Singh

Check if you can close the connection from IBM MQ, that should trigger the processing of Flow Files again.

Thanks

Kiran.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here