Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Not able to restart Zeppelin Notebook

Highlighted

Not able to restart Zeppelin Notebook

Super Collaborator

I am trying to make Zeppelin notebook start in HDP2.4 sandbox but getting error as given below:

SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.

SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.4.2.0-258/zeppelin/lib/lib/zeppelin-interpreter-0.6.0.2.4.2.0-258.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]

SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.4.2.0-258/zeppelin/lib/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.10.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]

SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.

SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Bad temp directory: /usr/hdp/2.4.2.0-258/zeppelin/lib/webapps

at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.setTempDirectory(WebAppContext.java:1119)

at org.apache.zeppelin.server.ZeppelinServer.setupWebAppContext(ZeppelinServer.java:265)

at org.apache.zeppelin.server.ZeppelinServer.main(ZeppelinServer.java:104)

Has anyone experience this before?

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: Not able to restart Zeppelin Notebook

Super Guru
@mrizvi

Can you please run below command as Zeppelin user and see if you get any hint?

/usr/hdp/current/zeppelin-server/lib/bin/zeppelin-daemon.sh start

You can post error message here. We will help you.

Highlighted

Super Collaborator

Ran the above script. Zeppelin Notebook is still down. Attached is the output.

I also went through zeppelin-env.sh file. Attached is the part of that file. I am confused about local mode part.

zeppelin-error.pngzeppelin-env.png
Highlighted

Super Guru

@mrizvi - local mode should be a part of above line which is commented. please remove them from new lines and append at the end of hashed line.

As per provided output, status says Zeppelin is running? I'm I missing anything?

Highlighted

Super Collaborator

@Kuldeep Kulkarni

Yes, the status shows running, I also tried running it on browser on 9995 port and its working fine.

But Ambari is showing that the Zeppelin Notebook is stopped.

Highlighted

@mrizvi

It just takes time for Ambari to show the correct status. This should go good in the next release of Zeppelin.

Highlighted

@mrizvi

Can you please stop the Zeppelin which ran from command line and start it from Ambari UI? if you are facing issue through UI then kindly share the start tasks logs from Ambari.

Highlighted

Super Collaborator

Giving the same error through UI. Start task logs are attached in the question.(error-574.txt and output-574.txt)

Highlighted

@mrizvi

Looks like /usr/hdp/current/zeppelin-server/lib/conf/zeppelin-env.sh got invalid syntax somehow. Did you corrected this file as per @Kuldeep Kulkarni comments? if yes and still facing this issue then try replacing the file from conf/zeppelin-env.sh.template and see if that resolve the issue.

Highlighted

@mrizvi

Did you tried the suggested changes?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here