Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Occasionally No Views listed in AMBARI

Occasionally No Views listed in AMBARI

New Contributor

Occasionally No views listed in AMBARI after some attempts (logout/login) it's automatically started working fine without changed anything. I have verified the log (ambari-server.log). I don't see any issues except below.

I'm getting below error "No Such User" when ever I'm facing that "No Views" screen. I'm not getting the same when all the views displayed successfully.

10 Oct 2018 12:30:14,245  WARN [ambari-client-thread-29] AuthConfigurationBuilder:61 - HDFS090 Authentication parameters could not be determined. auth=SIMPLE assumed.
10 Oct 2018 12:30:14,276  WARN [ambari-client-thread-29] ShellBasedUnixGroupsMapping:87 - got exception trying to get groups for user c123456: id: c123456: No such user
10 Oct 2018 12:30:14,423  WARN [ambari-client-thread-1417-SendThread(lxdbXXXX.dc.corp.xxxx.com:51881)] ClientCnxn:1001 - SASL configuration failed: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: No JAAS configuration section named 'Client' was found in specified JAAS configuration file: '/etc/ambari-server/conf/krb5JAASLogin.conf'. Will continue connection to Zookeeper server without SASL authentication, if Zookeeper server allows it.

Could you please some one help me to address this issue?

thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1

Re: Occasionally No Views listed in AMBARI

@Mohammed Ashraf

ShellBasedUnixGroupsMapping:87- got exception trying to get groups for user x: id: x:No such user

org.apache.hadoop.security.ShellBasedUnixGroupsMapping shells out with the bash -c groups command to resolve a list of groups for a user. It may be that there are simply occasional user-to-group lookup issues on the server itself. If you log into this host as said user and run 'bash -c groups', is it consistently successful in resolving the groups or are there occasional lookup errors?