Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: The Cloudera Community will undergo maintenance on Saturday, August 17 at 12:00am PDT. See more info here.

One host agent cannot communicate with cloudera server

One host agent cannot communicate with cloudera server

Explorer

Hi guys, 

I am installing Cloudera Manager and CDH 5.4.2 and found very weird problem. I had 13 nodes and one of the host cannot successfully connect and 

communicate with cloudera manager server, while the other nodes are good. 

I checked the cloudera-scm-agent process and logs, without any error messages that can guide me for the root cause. I tried restart the node and also 

the cloudera-scm-agent process, but the problem still there. I checked the server log and found there are warning messages like the following: 

Hope anyone can shed some light on this. 

2015-06-26 14:44:57,010 WARN 1347528451@agentServer-10:com.cloudera.server.cmf.AgentProtocolImpl: (1 skipped) Received optimized heartbeat from namenode1.msa.certusnet even though we have no previous state. Master was probably restarted between requests. The next heartbeat will be complete.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: One host agent cannot communicate with cloudera server

Explorer

Does CM's Host Monitor see the node and report it as down or unavailable?

Re: One host agent cannot communicate with cloudera server

Cloudera Employee

Hello,

How do you know that the host's agent cannot communicate with Cloudera Manager?  What information did you use to arrive at that conclusion.  We should be sure that is the case before proceding with troubleshooting.  Letting us know the symptoms will help us see if we agree on the diagnosis or have another possible cause.

Regards,

Ben