Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Oozie Coordinator job for sqoop action

Oozie Coordinator job for sqoop action

Contributor

I am trying to schedule Oozie coordinator jobs for sqoop action. The job is getting failed with error as

"reason: Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.SqoopMain], exit code [1]".

Please let me know what I can do differently to deal with this error.

I am using a workflow.xml which is running fine for sqoop action.

Below is my coordinator.properties

oozie.coord.application.path=${nameNode}/user/${user.name}/generic/oozie_dir/coord

freq=60

startTime=2016-09-16T06:12Z

endTime=2016-09-16T06:15Z

workflowPath=${nameNode}/user/${user.name}/generic/oozie_dir/sqoop

Below is my coordinator.xml:

<coordinator-app name="MY_APP" frequency="${freq}" start="${startTime}" end="${endTime}" timezone="UTC" xmlns="uri:oozie:coordinator:0.1"> <action> <workflow> <app-path>${workflowPath}</app-path> <configuration> <property> <name>start_date</name> <value>${startTime}</value> </property> </configuration> </workflow> </action> </coordinator-app>

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Oozie Coordinator job for sqoop action

Expert Contributor

@Gaurab D

Are you seeing any other error message in the logs as well along with "Main class" error message.

Can you try to submit coordinator again by setting following properties in coordinator.properties file .

oozie.libpath=${nameNode}/user/oozie/share/lib
oozie.use.system.libpath=true 
Highlighted

Contributor

I am getting different error now as ":CoordActionInputCheck:: Missing deps"

Any suggestion regarding which parameters might be missing based on above xml or properties file!

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

@Gaurab D

You are seeing the message ":CoordActionInputCheck:: Missing deps" because input data to start the coordinator might not be available.

Highlighted

Contributor

I am trying to use coordinator for scheduling oozie job at a specified time. Input data for sqoop action is available in the database. Is it necessary to use data/condition as a trigger to start coordinator.

Highlighted

Expert Contributor
@Gaurab D

No it is not necessary to use data condition as a trigger to start Oozie coordinator. Oozie provides time event as well to trigger coordinator at specified time.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here