Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Oozie Hive Action Error code 40000 - nothing in stdout in logs - sandbox

Highlighted

Oozie Hive Action Error code 40000 - nothing in stdout in logs - sandbox

New Contributor

Using Sandbox 2.4

I am receiving error code 40000 trying to run a hive action. Script does not run, yarn pieces say success but oozie shows error. There is nothing in hive.log (where i'd expect to see an error) except Use "yarn jar" ...

I have looked at other posts and this error code would suggest some sort or permission error but since I dont' see the hive logs or any real errors in the yarn and oozie logs I'm very stuck after spending a couple weeks on this.

Attached oozie error, the yarn log, along with workflow (I've gone through several iterations of this and got same error) and hive-site.xml. Query runs fine in hive. I've tried with different workflow properties and in the format attached. Same error.

e-otherarchitecturehadoopoozie-hiveworkflow.xml

e-otherarchitecturehadooptezsyslog.txt

e-otherarchitecturehadoopooziejoblog.txt

e-otherarchitecturehadoophive-site.xml

Any help is appreciated. Can provide further information if needed.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Oozie Hive Action Error code 40000 - nothing in stdout in logs - sandbox

the following logs suggests that you are having resource issues, your oozie job is triggering hive action and hive action configured to run with eighter tez or mr, by default it is configured to run with tez. tez session if configured with the prewarm container that again require a container to be launched since there is no yarn headroom available your hive action hang for a while and exit after some time once the original oozie container exits thats why you are not able to see any logs in hive log.

2016-12-01 16:25:41,429 [INFO] [AMRM Callback Handler Thread] |rm.YarnTaskSchedulerService|: Allocated: <memory:0, vCores:0> Free: <memory:2000, vCores:1> pendingRequests: 0 delayedContainers: 0 heartbeats: 351 lastPreemptionHeartbeat: 350

New Contributor

Thanks for this. I have switched the job to tez rather than mr...was going through several iterations. I'm running the sandbox...is this resource issue due to that environment or do you know what I can check/do to ensure it has the resources to run? I'm not running anything else. Just working with oozie to understand the workflow for hive.

New Contributor

Upon further research I found the following. https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/70457/error-with-tez-jobs.html

This seems to show the issue you identified, except I'm not seeing a timeout error or what I need to fix.