Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Oozie Namenode not allowed, not in Oozies whitelist

Oozie Namenode not allowed, not in Oozies whitelist

I deployed a cluster on 5 nodes using Cloudera Manager, installed MySQL on the node with Oozie Server, created the Oozie database, and edited the Oozie Configuration via Cloudera Manager, restarted the server. and set the OOZIE_URL variable.

When I try to run an oozie job, I get a "Error: E0901 : E0901: Namenode [<my Node with the Namenode>] not allowed, not in Oozies whitelist". I receive this error running from both the node with the Oozie Server and also an edge node I installed with the oozie-site.xml file modified properly.

I also received this error before I installed the mysql database and when the Oozie server was just using the Derbey database.

On a different cluster which I manually installed (instead of by Cloudera Manager), I noticed that the oozie-site.xml file has a property named oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.jobTracker.whitelist and oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.nameNode.whitelist. However, both of those values are empty-- I never had to configure the whitelist for the NameNode or JobTracker.

In the configuration part of Cloudera Manager for the Oozie Server, I was unable to find any property such as whitelist.

I do not know where the oozie-site.xml file is on the node that I installed the Oozie Server on via Cloudera Manager, and I don't think we are supposed to edit those files by hand, anyway.

Is there some configuration step I missed?

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Oozie Namenode not allowed, not in Oozies whitelist

Cloudera Employee

Are you starting Oozie server through CM UI or manually from command line?

New Contributor

was this ever solved? having the same issue but can't find that whitelist property anywhere....

Cloudera Employee

This property is autogenerated by Cloudera Manager using the MapReduce/Yarn service that you set as a dependency of Oozie service in the configuration page.

New Contributor

well, I added this 

<property>
<name>oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.jobTracker.whitelist</name>
<value>myaddress:8020</value>
</property>

into the Oozie Server Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for oozie-site.xml property but am sitll getting the same error....

New Contributor

fixed it, kind of...had the wrong port number specified...

changed <value>myaddress:8020</value>...to....<value>myaddress:8021</value>

but now I get this error:

JA009: Unknown protocol: org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.ApplicationClientProtocolPB at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.getProtocolImpl(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:527) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:566) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:1026) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1986) at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1982) at java.securit

Master Guru
You won't get the error if you pass a valid nameNode URI that matches
your /etc/hadoop/conf/core-site.xml fs.defaultFS. That is, if the CM
host managing the NN(s) is FQDN, use the FQDN in Oozie job.properties
submissions too.

New Contributor

seems like the name node matches....

in the core-site.xml I have

<name>fs.defaultFS</name>
<value>

hdfs://ip-172-31-43-64.us-west-2.compute.internal:8020

</value>

and in the pig script it is...

<pig xmlns="uri:oozie:workflow:0.4">
<job-tracker>ip-172-31-43-64.us-west-2.compute.internal:8021</job-tracker>
<name-node>hdfs://ip-172-31-43-64.us-west-2.compute.internal:8020</name-node>
<script>/user/hue/oozie/workspaces/_admin_-oozie-1-1409159976.69/script.pig</script>
</pig>

Highlighted

Master Guru
Is that the output from the core/mapred-site.xml Oozie is running with, or a separate core/mapred-site.xml that is being used by the action?
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here