Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Oozie Pig action doesn't appear in Tez UI

When I run Pig scripts in Tez execution mode, they appear in the Tez UI as expected. But when I call those same scripts from a Pig action, they don't appear in the Tez UI. I can see them running from the Resource Manager screens, but clicking on the "Tracking UI" link displays the following message:

Tez UI Url is not defined. To enable tracking url pointing to Tez UI, set the config tez.tez-ui.history-url.base in the tez-site.xml.

I have defined tez.tez-ui.history-url.base in the tez-site config in Ambari, so I'm guessing there's some sort of Oozie configuration needed? I tried adding a tez.tez-ui.history-url.base property to the global configuration of my Oozie workflows, set to the same value as found in the tez-site config, but that didn't resolve the issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@Jeff Rosenberg - Did you try passing tez-site.xml to pig action?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Master Guru

@Jeff Rosenberg

You will have to pass -x tez as an argument in your workflow.xml to run pig job via TEZ

... Your workflow.xml ...
<script>yourscript.pig</script> 
<argument>-x</argument> 
<argument>tez</argument>
... Your workflow.xml ...

Thanks, but I'm already doing this. I can confirm that my script runs in Tez mode, but it doesn't appear in the Tez UI.

Master Guru

@Jeff Rosenberg - Did you try passing tez-site.xml to pig action?

No, I didn't try that. I did pass in the tez.tez-ui.history-url.base property, but not the whole tez-site.xml. How do I manage that from within the Oozie Pig Action?

Passing tez-site.xml to the Pig action resolved my issue. I was able to do that by adding a <file> element to my workflow:

<file>/path/to/tez-site.xml</file>

@Kuldeep Kulkarni if you post the tez-site solution as a separate answer, I'll mark it as accepted so folks can easily find it. 🙂

Master Guru

@Jeff Rosenberg - Done. Please accept my answer when you get a chance! Glad to know that your issue is resolved 🙂