Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Oozie PurgeService Understanding

Highlighted

Oozie PurgeService Understanding

New Contributor

Hello Cloudera Team,

I have been using the Oozie batch processing for doing various activities around the cluster, recently i understood that there is an service called PurgeService in Oozie server which provides the functionality of Purging the older jobs from oozie databases.

I am curious to know the functionality/ behaviour which prevails around this service, It would very be very grateful if the below queries are answered

1. PurgeService Logging

I have been running oozie from past few days, but i have never seen a sight of PurgeService loggers in the Oozie logs. Where can i find those logs ?

2. PurgeService schedular

I know that this service runs with an interval of 1 hour by default, but wanted to exactly know the time at which it runs (ex: every 1:00, 2:00 or 1:30, 2:30 clock times etc) ? 

The above queries if answered, would also help me to monitor the logs and make sure that the service is up and running.

This is my First Query to Cloudera Community. Feeling excited to have those queries resolved.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here