Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Oozie Throwing Error When Proxied Through Knox

Highlighted

Oozie Throwing Error When Proxied Through Knox

Explorer

I have a HDP 3.1 cluster on EC2 instances in AWS in which I am trying to use proxying to access various UIs. I've verified that WEBHDFS works properly. Oozie, however, just shows the top, and then quits. See below for an example. Accessing the web UI directly works correctly.

109019-1559239430217.png

In the Oozie server logs, I found the following output.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: proxyUser cannot be null, If you're attempting to use user-impersonation via a proxy user, please make sure that oozie.service.ProxyUserService.proxyuser.#USER#.hosts and oozie.service.ProxyUserService.proxyuser.#USER#.groups are configured correctly
at org.apache.oozie.util.ParamChecker.notEmpty(ParamChecker.java:87)
at org.apache.oozie.service.ProxyUserService.validate(ProxyUserService.java:132)
at org.apache.oozie.servlet.JsonRestServlet.getUser(JsonRestServlet.java:567)
at org.apache.oozie.servlet.JsonRestServlet.service(JsonRestServlet.java:296)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.oozie.servlet.AuthFilter$2.doFilter(AuthFilter.java:171)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.server.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:644)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.server.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:592)
at org.apache.oozie.servlet.AuthFilter.doFilter(AuthFilter.java:176)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.oozie.servlet.HostnameFilter.doFilter(HostnameFilter.java:86)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.oozie.servlet.OozieXFrameOptionsFilter.doFilter(OozieXFrameOptionsFilter.java:48)
at org.apache.oozie.servlet.OozieCSRFFilter.doFilter(OozieCSRFFilter.java:62)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:234)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:610)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:503)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

The thing is, the following is set in my oozie-site.xml file, and I've set similar things in core-site.xml: oozie.service.ProxyUserService.proxyuser.knox.groups=*

oozie.service.ProxyUserService.proxyuser.knox.hosts=*

All of the other UIs other than WebHDFS and Oozie just show a blank screen with no source at all. I haven't found any relevant logs in those either. Ranger is not showing any denials.

Any ideas on what would be causing this, and how I can get Oozie UI to show up properly?