Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Oozie Workflow - Hive actions stuck in RUNNING state

Oozie Workflow - Hive actions stuck in RUNNING state

New Contributor

So I have a Workflow which forks of 5 HIVE actions.

When I look at the status of each of these actions they are stuck in RUNNING, they never FAIL, SUSPEND or SUCCEED.

If I modify the Workflow to only have 3 HIVE actions then everything works fine as expected and the hive actions SUCCEED.

I am think this is some sort of resources limitation or setting but am not sure what it is or where to check/change?

Below is one actions HIVE Configuration in the Workflow. There are 5 of these in total

<hive xmlns="uri:oozie:hive-action:0.2">
<job-tracker>${jobTracker}</job-tracker>
<name-node>${nameNode}</name-node>
<job-xml>hive-site.xml</job-xml>
<configuration>
<property>
<name>mapred.job.queue.name</name>
<value>${queueName}</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>oozie.hive.defaults</name>
<value>${nameNode}/</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>mapred.reduce.tasks</name>
<value>-1</value>
</property>
</configuration>
<script>script.hql</script>
</hive>

I am not sure if and what I should be setting the mapred.reduce.tasks and mapred.map.tasks value too and if it makes a difference. I read that if set to -1 one the correct number of tasks will be calculated?

I have seen this error on occasions in the Job Error Log but am not sure what it means or how to resolve : WARN ResumeXCommand:523 - SERVER[ip-*.*.ec2.internal] USER[hdfs] GROUP[-] TOKEN[] APP[s3-wf-forked] JOB[0000118-191014051313813-oozie-oozi-W] ACTION[] E1100: Command precondition does not hold before execution, [workflow's status is RUNNING is not SUSPENDED], Error Code: E1100

As well as this error in the Coordinator which launches the Workflow : No actions to start for jobId=0000117-191014051313813-oozie-oozi-C as max concurrency reached!

Any suggestions appreciated 

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here