Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Oozie doesnt install in the cloudera manager cluster

Highlighted

Re: Oozie doesnt install in the cloudera manager cluster

Explorer

Hello @Bender ,

So sorry my case was fixed.

I checked the living process and I killed oozie(before upgrade remaining process) then upgrade successfully worked.

[root@bsuhdpsv00 oozie]# ps aux | grep oozie
oozie 3255 0.7 5.2 7885064 848088 ? Sl 15:46 1:13 /usr/java/jdk1.8.0_212/bin/java -Doozie.home.dir=/usr/lib/oozie -Doozie.config.dir=/etc/oozie/conf -Doozie.log.dir=/var/log/oozie -Doozi .data.dir=/var/lib/oozie -Doozie.instance.id=bsuhdpsv00 -Doozie.config.file=oozie-site.xml -Doozie.log4j.file=oozie-log4j.properties -Doozie.log4j.reload=10 -Djava.library.path=:/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/native:/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/native -cp /usr/lib/oozie/embedded-oozie-server/*:/usr/lib/oozie/embedded-oozie-server/dependency/*:/usr/lib/oozie/lib/*:/usr/lib/oozie/libtools/*:/usr/lib/oozie/embedded-oozie-server org.apache.oozie.server.EmbeddedOozieServer
root 22580 0.0 0.0 112832 968 pts/0 S+ 18:40 0:00 grep --color=auto oozie
[root@bsuhdpsv00 oozie]# kill 3255
[root@bsuhdpsv00 oozie]# ps aux | grep oozie
root 22644 0.0 0.0 112828 968 pts/0 S+ 18:40 0:00 grep --color=auto oozie

Best regards,

Tak567

Re: Oozie doesnt install in the cloudera manager cluster

Hello @Tak567 ,

thank you for letting us know you are hitting "Could not start EmbeddedOozieServer! Error message: Address already in use" exception. It can occur, for example when there are not enough ephemeral ports available on the OS.

Kind regards:
Ferenc

Ferenc Erdelyi, Technical Solutions Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here