Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

Oozie duplicates CATALINA_OPTS variables in oozie-env.sh

Oozie duplicates CATALINA_OPTS variables in oozie-env.sh

New Contributor

Hi everybody,

I use CDH 5.10 and I noticed that the Oozie server daemon seems to duplicate the CATALINA_OPTS environment variable value set in /etc/conf/oozie/oozie-env.sh. This seems to be due to the fact that in the debian package, the rules file calls install_oozie.sh that does the following:

~/oozie-4.1.0+cdh5.10.0+389/debian$ grep -rni oozie-env.sh
install_oozie.sh:218:ln -s -f /etc/oozie/conf/oozie-env.sh ${SERVER_LIB_DIR}/bin

And as far as I can tell, this happens:

ls -l /usr/lib/oozie/bin/oozie-env.sh
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28 Jan 12 17:01 /usr/lib/oozie/bin/oozie-env.sh -> /etc/oozie/conf/oozie-env.sh

Then, when oozie start/restarts via init.d, the following chain of events happens:

/etc/init.d/oozie start() --> oozied.sh start --> source /usr/lib/oozie/bin/oozie-sys.sh

The last bash script sources both /usr/lib/oozie/bin/oozie-env.sh and /etc/oozie/conf/oozie-env.sh, ending up with duplicating the CATALINA_OPTS values set.

More info gathered in: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T184794

Is this the right place to ask for help? Is my understanding correct? If so, how can I get this fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Luca