Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Oozie failover for HA cluster

Oozie failover for HA cluster

New Contributor

I want to add Oozie failover for my HA cluster. When I try to add one more instance on the 2nd Namenode using Cloudera Manager Services -> Oozie ->  Instances -> Add,  the page that comes up has all the options disabled to add Oozie server. What can be the reason for this?

HA for HDFS and MR work well.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Oozie failover for HA cluster

Master Guru

There's no out-of-box solution available for Oozie in CDH4. You'll need to set it up manually (relying, for instance, on VIPs, custom failover mechanism, and an underlying DB HA) if you seek to implement it. The design document at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-615 illustrates a supported setup for Oozie service arriving in future, but it should give you a good idea on what needs to be performed generally.

CM (as of C5 beta1) currently does not configure this for you auto-magically.

New Contributor

Thanks Harsh.
Just to clarify, I was following the steps for Configuring Oozie Failover ( hot/cold ) . And I am currently not able to add a role instance to my second Namenode (as required by Step 2 )  in addition to one instance already running on another Namenode. 

I guess the rest bespoke code you described relates to Step 6 (i.e. Use either a Virtual IP Address or Load Balancer to direct traffic to the hot server)

Master Guru
The guide you're using is for manual installation users. But you're
using CM, to which my previous post also refers to. This should be
doable in CM 5.0 beta2 onwards, but not before that.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here