Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Oozie java action failure during data ingestion using Sqoop : java.io.IOException: HCat exited with status 1

Oozie java action failure during data ingestion using Sqoop : java.io.IOException: HCat exited with status 1

New Contributor

I have a jar to perform data ingestion ; it works fine when executing hadoop jar <jar_name> <args> from the command line, but when I try to implement the same using Oozie Java Action, I get the error below.

Error main (ImportTool.java) - Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: HCat exited with status 1 at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.hcat.SqoopHCatUtilities.executeExternalHCatProgram(SqoopHCatUtilities.java:1196) at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.hcat.SqoopHCatUtilities.launchHCatCli(SqoopHCatUtilities.java:1145) at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.hcat.SqoopHCatUtilities.createHCatTable(SqoopHCatUtilities.java:679) at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.hcat.SqoopHCatUtilities.configureHCat(SqoopHCatUtilities.java:342) at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.hcat.SqoopHCatUtilities.configureImportOutputFormat(SqoopHCatUtilities.java:848) at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.ImportJobBase.configureOutputFormat(ImportJobBase.java:102) at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.ImportJobBase.runImport(ImportJobBase.java:263) at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.importTable(SqlManager.java:692) at org.apache.sqoop.manager.OracleManager.importTable(OracleManager.java:444) at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.importTable(ImportTool.java:507) at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.run(ImportTool.java:615) at org.comp.mssap.rdbms.datastore.business.SqoopRdbmsService.executeSqoopJob(SqoopRdbmsService.java:365) at org.comp.msp.rdbms.datastore.business.SqoopRdbmsService.ingest(SqoopRdbmsService.java:57) at org.comp.msp.ingest.database.DatabaseSourceIngest.execute(DatabaseSourceIngest.java:898) at org.comp.msp.ingest.database.DatabaseSourceIngest.ingest(DatabaseSourceIngest.java:619) at org.comp.msp.ingest.database.DatabaseSourceIngest.dataIngest(DatabaseSourceIngest.java:152) at org.comp.msp.ingest.inbound.IngestAction.initiate(IngestAction.java:51) at org.msp.inbound.InboundAction.main(InboundAction.java:93) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaMain.run(JavaMain.java:56) at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.LauncherMain.run(LauncherMain.java:51) at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaMain.main(JavaMain.java:35) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.LauncherMapper.map(LauncherMapper.java:242) at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.run(MapRunner.java:54) at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:453) at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:343) at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:168) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:422) at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1724) at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:162)

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Oozie java action failure during data ingestion using Sqoop : java.io.IOException: HCat exited with status 1

Rising Star

Hello

Can you post the job.properties & workflow.xml?

I'd say you miss hive-site.xml in hdfs://<your path to workflow.xml>/lib

Re: Oozie java action failure during data ingestion using Sqoop : java.io.IOException: HCat exited with status 1

New Contributor

Hi Christophe Vico,

Thanks for your reply, finally I am able to resolve the issue.

Issue resolved when i added hcat credentials to workflow.