Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Oozie job: What value should I use for jobTracker for Resource Manager HA?

I was always wondering what value I should use for "jobtTacker" in my job.properites for Resource Manager HA.

Now a customer asked same question, so I thought this might be a good opportunity to find out.

Does anyone know which string we should use to utilize YARN Resource Manager HA?

According to Google, Cloudera uses "logicaljt" but I don't see this string in HDP code so far.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Hajime

Useful information. Link

When there are multiple RMs, the configuration (yarn-site.xml) used by clients and nodes is expected to list all the RMs. Clients, ApplicationMasters (AMs) and NodeManagers (NMs) try connecting to the RMs in a round-robin fashion until they hit the Active RM. If the Active goes down, they resume the round-robin polling until they hit the “new” Active. This default retry logic is implemented as org.apache.hadoop.yarn.client.ConfiguredRMFailoverProxyProvider. You can override the logic by implementing org.apache.hadoop.yarn.client.RMFailoverProxyProvider and setting the value of yarn.client.failover-proxy-provider to the class name.

Editing based on the discussion.

Oozie and RM HA

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Explorer

In Oozie, redirection may work at the job level but I have another issue, namely that the Oozie WebUI shows nothing for action info when say, "other" RM is active.

For some reason, either redirection is not occuring there or there is a configuration to set in Oozie WebUI that makes that redirection happen.

HDP 2.3 here.

Clues?