Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Oozie job with two java action with two different jars give java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Oozie job with two java action with two different jars give java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Explorer

I have created with following workflow.xml

<workflow-app name="FACT TEST-copy" xmlns="uri:oozie:workflow:0.5">
<start to="java-d3ea"/>
<kill name="Kill">
<message>Action failed, error message[${wf:errorMessage(wf:lastErrorNode())}]</message>
</kill>
<action name="java-9964">
<java>
<job-tracker>${jobTracker}</job-tracker>
<name-node>${nameNode}</name-node>
<main-class>com.exponential.bigdata.engineering.FactStatusUtilsMain</main-class>
<arg>-cubeName</arg>
<arg>${cubeName}</arg>
<arg>-processType</arg>
<arg>CHECK</arg>
<arg>-opsStatusToVerify </arg>
<arg>view,event,buyTrack,click</arg>
<capture-output/>
</java>
<ok to="End"/>
<error to="Kill"/>
</action>
<action name="java-d3ea">
<java>
<job-tracker>${jobTracker}</job-tracker>
<name-node>${nameNode}</name-node>
<main-class>com.exponential.bigdata.engineering.DimStatusCheck</main-class>
<arg>-dimsToVerify</arg>
<arg>adspace,site</arg>
<arg>-date</arg>
<arg>2019-08-05</arg>
<arg>-hour</arg>
<arg>21</arg>
</java>
<ok to="java-9964"/>
<error to="Kill"/>
</action>
<end name="End"/>
</workflow-app>

Here it contains two jars with two different main class, But some time i get an exception java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.exponential.bigdata.engineering.process.Process.process(Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object;

There are two class DimStatusCheck which reads from dimensionloader.jar and FactStatusUtilsMain from factloading.jar. FactStatusUtils has this process method, but why i am getting this exception in DimstatusCheck class. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Oozie job with two java action with two different jars give java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Guru
Hi,

Are you able to share the oozie launcher log that contains the error to the thread for review?

Where do you put the JAR files? Under "lib" directory in Oozie's workflow directory in HDFS?

Did you mean it failed intermittently?

Thanks
Eric