Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Oozie servers d folders missing in HDP 2.5 Install via Ambari,HDP2.5 install-oozie server not created correctly

Explorer

In new HDP2.5 install , Oozie server failed to start as folder "bin" is missing.The Amabari is showing the installation completed successfully , but throwing error when starting job

The bin folder is missing inside "/usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/oozie/"

I tried remove and add oozie , but it didn't work. Even "yum install oozie oozie-client " didn't help.

Error: resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of 'tar -xvf /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/oozie-sharelib.tar.gz -C /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server' returned 2. tar: /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/oozie-sharelib.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

Hi,

I have installed HDP 2.5 via Ambari , but found some issue with oozie. There is no bin folder in "/usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/oozie/" and I am not able to start oozie server from Ambari.Why Ambari is not able to create all folders

Error:resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of 'tar -xvf /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/oozie-sharelib.tar.gz -C /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server' returned 2. tar: /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/oozie-sharelib.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Oozie servers d folders missing in HDP 2.5 Install via Ambari,HDP2.5 install-oozie server not created correctly

Explorer

I am using Ambari for installation and just selected oozie from list of services . Anyway , I messed up the hdp folder and reformatted the system again to retry today. thanks for confirming that oozie is not an issue in HDP 2.5

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Oozie servers d folders missing in HDP 2.5 Install via Ambari,HDP2.5 install-oozie server not created correctly

Rising Star

You have a mismatch between yum cache and rpm db (most likely caused by interspersing yum and rpm commands). Do a yum clean all on the host and reinstall

Expert Contributor

@asitabh kumar I have verified the oozie with version HDP 2.5.0.0-1245 and found that Oozie bin is available.

$ ls /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/oozie/bin/

oozie  ooziedb.sh  oozied.distro  oozie.distro  oozied.sh  oozie-env.sh  oozie-run.sh  oozie-setup.sh  oozie-start.sh  oozie-stop.sh  oozie-sys.sh

Can you please let us know what are the steps you have tried, to deploy the HDP due to which you have got the Oozie bin missing.

Explorer

I am using Ambari for installation and just selected oozie from list of services . Anyway , I messed up the hdp folder and reformatted the system again to retry today. thanks for confirming that oozie is not an issue in HDP 2.5

View solution in original post

Expert Contributor