Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Oozie servers d folders missing in HDP 2.5 Install via Ambari,HDP2.5 install-oozie server not created correctly

Explorer

In new HDP2.5 install , Oozie server failed to start as folder "bin" is missing.The Amabari is showing the installation completed successfully , but throwing error when starting job

The bin folder is missing inside "/usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/oozie/"

I tried remove and add oozie , but it didn't work. Even "yum install oozie oozie-client " didn't help.

Error: resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of 'tar -xvf /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/oozie-sharelib.tar.gz -C /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server' returned 2. tar: /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/oozie-sharelib.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

Hi,

I have installed HDP 2.5 via Ambari , but found some issue with oozie. There is no bin folder in "/usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/oozie/" and I am not able to start oozie server from Ambari.Why Ambari is not able to create all folders

Error:resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of 'tar -xvf /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/oozie-sharelib.tar.gz -C /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server' returned 2. tar: /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/oozie-sharelib.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

I am using Ambari for installation and just selected oozie from list of services . Anyway , I messed up the hdp folder and reformatted the system again to retry today. thanks for confirming that oozie is not an issue in HDP 2.5

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

You have a mismatch between yum cache and rpm db (most likely caused by interspersing yum and rpm commands). Do a yum clean all on the host and reinstall

Super Collaborator

@asitabh kumar I have verified the oozie with version HDP 2.5.0.0-1245 and found that Oozie bin is available.

$ ls /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/oozie/bin/

oozie  ooziedb.sh  oozied.distro  oozie.distro  oozied.sh  oozie-env.sh  oozie-run.sh  oozie-setup.sh  oozie-start.sh  oozie-stop.sh  oozie-sys.sh

Can you please let us know what are the steps you have tried, to deploy the HDP due to which you have got the Oozie bin missing.

Explorer

I am using Ambari for installation and just selected oozie from list of services . Anyway , I messed up the hdp folder and reformatted the system again to retry today. thanks for confirming that oozie is not an issue in HDP 2.5

Super Collaborator