Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

Oozie timezone issues

Oozie timezone issues

Contributor

I've run an example hive coordinators. The job going well but here are some issues i meet:

1. I'm from VietNam, when i choose timezone = GMT+7, i get error, when searching for this error i found that it should be GMT+07:00, and problem is GMT+07:00 won't show up in the combo box.

2. So i choosing Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh instead, and another problem is i must choose the timezone base on Universaltime. Example:

I want to run from 10:00 AM to 03:00 PM 3 March, i have to choose the time is from 03:00 AM to 08:00 AM 3 March base on UTC, why i can't edit like my own time even afte i choose Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh.

3. Final problem is when i run this coordinators: the timezone in the job info show up a complete different.

Here is my oozie deffinion:

<coordinator-app name="simple_1"

frequency="0,5,10 * * * *"
start="2015-03-03T03:00Z" end="2015-03-03T08:00Z" timezone="Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh"
xmlns="uri:oozie:coordinator:0.2"
>

and here is the info of the first hour:

Mon, 02 Mar 2015 19:00:00

Mon, 02 Mar 2015 19:05:00

Mon, 02 Mar 2015 19:10:00

Now, why it is 02 Mar 19:00 ?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Oozie timezone issues

Contributor

Can someone help me with this ? 

Thanks !

Rising Star
I have observed the same issue. Have you raised a support call with Cloudera Support for this?

Contributor

The "timezone" attribute in the Coordiantor is a little misleading.  You still have to specify your dates in UTC (hence why they end with 'Z').  The "timezone" attribute is only used for daylight saving time calculations.  

Software Engineer | Cloudera, Inc. | http://cloudera.com
Highlighted

Explorer

Timezone attribute is also not doing daylight saving time calculations. I tested recently after DST changes in this month. the timezone value I kept is "America/New_York"  

Does that mean timezone attribute just lies without any help?