Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Oozie workflow manager ... can't import action from job designer.

Highlighted

Oozie workflow manager ... can't import action from job designer.

Contributor

I am using Hue 2.3.0. The online help shows the following : 

"In Workflow Editor you edit workflows that include MapReduce, Streaming, Java, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Shell, Ssh, DistCp, Fs, Email, Sub-workflow, and Generic actions. You can configure these actions in the Workflow Editor, or you can import job designs from Job Designer to be used as actions in your workflow. For information about defining workflows, see the Workflow Specification."

Well, I have no problem configure actions in the Workflow Editor by drag one of the actions to the right spot.  But import those actions created by "Job Designer" does not work. 

In Hue, Job Designer, I see the list of actions I created. 

In Oozie Editor - I created a new work flow, then clicked on "import action" to the left, an empty list is displayed. 

So I installed Oozie and Job designer samples. Same thing, there are sample actions listed under job designer. But "import action" in Oozie work flow editor shows empty list. 

Anyone know what is going on?  

Thanks. 
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Oozie workflow manager ... can't import action from job designer.

Expert Contributor

Unfortunately, I think this may have broke in Hue 2.3. There is a fix in Hue 2.4 (https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/HUE-1267 You might be able to apply this commit as a patch to get it working.

-Abe

Re: Oozie workflow manager ... can't import action from job designer.

Contributor

Thanks for your quick reply.  I will get Hue 2.4 asap.