Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Oracle DB Access Nifi 1.6.0 JDK 1.8.0 driver ot found

Oracle DB Access Nifi 1.6.0 JDK 1.8.0 driver ot found

New Contributor

I am trying to access IOracle from Nifi 1.6.0 but i am getting a driver not found exception.

1.) copied the ojdbc8.jar (also tried ojdbc6.jar and ojdbc7.jar) into the lib directory

2.) restarted nifi

3.) setup an Controller Service

- see attached screenshot

- i tried also without putting the database driver location to file:///Daten/Programme/NIFI/nifi-1.6.0/lib/ojdbc8.jar

-- with the database driver location set the controller service will not successfully enable. I get a Cant load Database driver exception and status is stuck at Enabling

-- with the database driver location not set, it will enable. but as soon as a processor (QueryDatabaseTable) tries to access the oracle connection I get a Cant load Database driver exception and status is stuck at Enabling

Trying for hours now, would really appreciate some help.

Cheers

Rüdiger

--

93527-2018-11-06-162857.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Oracle DB Access Nifi 1.6.0 JDK 1.8.0 driver ot found

New Contributor

were you able to resolve it im also using ojdbc8 with nifi 1.10.0

Highlighted

Re: Oracle DB Access Nifi 1.6.0 JDK 1.8.0 driver ot found

Mentor

@publicfri01 

Your screenshot looks okay, your ojdbc* should match the version of the source database and you should copy it to the location of the  nifi.nar.library.directory  as shown below and if you have a multinode  nifi cluster ensure all nodes have that ojdbc* file in that same location

nifi_oracle.PNG

Then after that, you should restart your Nifi.

Please revert 

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here