Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Oryx 2 with cloudera 5.3

New Contributor

Hello Everybody
I am trying to running oryx 2 in Cloudera Express 5.3.0, with a unique node but when i execute the SpeedLayer , this return me the next warning

"WARN YarnClient Cluster Scheduler:71 Initial job has not accepted any resources; check your cluster UI to ensure that workers are registered and have sufficient memory"

I dont know how solve this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
6 REPLIES 6

Master Collaborator
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login

New Contributor

Thank you very much the mistake was I was only  checking these attributes in the Batch Layer equal that example configuration.

Now  I have a question , what are the necessary machine resources to run oryx 2 properly?

Master Collaborator

There is no absolute minimum. I would imagine that, for reasoanbly sized problems, you'd want to allocate 1GB of memory to each of these processes -- meaning at least 1 executor for both batch and streaming with 1GB of memory, and at least 1 and probably more cores. The serving layer should probably have 1GB+ of memory too and will use as many cores as the machine has.

This is designed for a cluster of machines, I suppose, but nothing prevents you from running everything on one machine.

Explorer

Hi Nelson,  I am trying to running oryx 2 in Cloudera , do have any suggestions or tutorial? How to begin? 

Thanks 🙂

Master Collaborator
Have a look at this minimal get-started example:
http://oryxproject.github.io/oryx/docs/endusers.html

Explorer

Thanks 🙂