Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Override hplsql-site.xml location

Override hplsql-site.xml location

New Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to execute hplsql scripts on HDP 2.5.3. However, I'm not able to instruct hplsql to read the config file from the current directory.

Is there something I've missed?

hplsql version: HPL/SQL 0.3.31
	$ hplsql -trace -e "select count(*) from agg"  
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
	SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.5.3.0-37/hive2/lib/log4j-slf4j-impl-2.6.2.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
	SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.5.3.0-37/hadoop/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.10.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
	SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
	SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.apache.logging.slf4j.Log4jLoggerFactory]Configuration file: jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.5.3.0-37/hive2/lib/hive-hplsql-2.1.0.2.5.3.0-37.jar!/hplsql-site.xml

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Override hplsql-site.xml location

New Contributor

@Mike Lok,

Were you able to get answer to this question? Even i am facing same issue.

Thanks,

Sid

Re: Override hplsql-site.xml location

Contributor

From what location are you invoking hplsql shell? If you have hplsql-site.xml in current directory, it should take precedence over default hplsql-site.xml file under lib folder. As an alternative you can try using SET command once you are inside shell to set parameters.