Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Package installs detected on host with parcels, does anyone knows how to remove the packages?

Explorer

Hi All,

I have installed CDH 5.0.1 by package, in order to using the parcels to manage my services, I've activated the CDH5 parcel. Now the CM is warning me "Parcels are in use, but packages were also detected. Cloudera Manager recommends removing the packages. "

Does anyone knows how to remove the packages? Apprecate it!

BR!

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor
Hi Kevin,
Doing
yum remove hadoop hue-common 'bigtop-*' sqoop2-client
should remove all CDH packages.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor
Hi Kevin,
Doing
yum remove hadoop hue-common 'bigtop-*' sqoop2-client
should remove all CDH packages.

Explorer
OK, get it, thanks very much for your reply 🙂

Explorer

Hi, 

If i use the below command to remove the package,
is any services are affected that dependent on the package ?

Explorer

When CM is set to managing services, its central source of configs lie within the DB. For every time a role instance is spawned, the config is generated into a special (non-/etc/…) path and the service is started with the special config dir. You could do an ls -l /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process on any host to see this, for example (the same files are available in the UI under any instance's Processes tab).

So even if you remove the packages, CM faces no impact since it still has the Parcel location now for the actual binaries, and the configs are within its DB, away from being affected by RPM removals.

source: https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Cloudera-Manager-Installation/Package-installs-detected-on-host-wi...