Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Parcel not available for OS Distribution UBUNTU_BIONIC

Parcel not available for OS Distribution UBUNTU_BIONIC

New Contributor

Hello Community,

I build a 3 node cluster on 3 Ubuntu 18.04 device i builded CHD6.3.1 distrubition . I have complated setup and add few services as well . all wordked fine i used Cloudera Manager to build my cluster. 

But when i tried to add some custom Services which is not in Cloudera Express edition like Nifi by following installitation (https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Community-Articles/Install-Nifi-on-one-node-using-Cloudera-Flow-Ma...) I realised that My Parcels  giving errors ;

• Error for parcel ACCUMULO-1.9.2-1.ACCUMULO6.1.0.p0.908695-bionic : Parcel not available for OS Distribution UBUNTU_BIONIC.
  • Error for parcel ACCUMULO-1.7.2-5.5.0.ACCUMULO5.5.0.p0.8-bionic : Parcel not available for OS Distribution UBUNTU_BIONIC.
  • Error for parcel CFM-1.0.1.0-bionic : Parcel not available for OS Distribution UBUNTU_BIONIC.
  • Error for parcel KAFKA-4.1.0-1.4.1.0.p0.4-bionic : Parcel not available for OS Distribution UBUNTU_BIONIC.
  • Error for parcel SPARK-0.9.0-1.cdh4.6.0.p0.98-bionic : Parcel not available for OS Distribution UBUNTU_BIONIC.

ect.

But i am able to run Kafka Service and Spark service . And from UI i get the response about those services. Till i want to use Nifi  for load my local files to HDFS . Cant start Nifi .

Is parcels and requirements are problem here or  am i missing something.

Also is Ubuntu Bionic is good to use for build a cluster. ? 

Have a good time.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Parcel not available for OS Distribution UBUNTU_BIONIC

Expert Contributor

There are two ways to look at this:

If you followed the documentation, and found a limitation/bug, please log a support ticket. Either it will get fixed (or otherwise the doc should be updated).

That being said, though Ubuntu 18.04 is supported for CDH 6.3, I can tell that Ubuntu 18.04 is not supported for HDF (the Ambari deployment of NiFi etc.) so it is possible that a different OS will gain more attention. 

If you are just trying things out, and want the easiest way, currently that is probably with Centos 7.6, as that is what most customers are using today.

If this answer helped, please mark it as 'solved' and/or if it is valuable for future readers please apply 'kudos'.
Highlighted

Re: Parcel not available for OS Distribution UBUNTU_BIONIC

New Contributor

Thank you for  your response .

Any i also thougth same mostly i cant use :Hortonworks Sevices on Ubuntu Bionic so maybe would be better to  run cluster all on Centos Devices . According to documentatiton there is no Parcels at all. 

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here