Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Permission denied on moving file into HDFS on Cloudera LIve

Permission denied on moving file into HDFS on Cloudera LIve

New Contributor

I have .csv file which I have imported into Manager Node via WinSCP, and able to list it. But when I am trying to copy it into HDFS using the following command:

sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -copyFromLocal <absolute file path> /user/hive/warehouse/<directory name>

It is giving me a permission denied error, how to overcome that.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Permission denied on moving file into HDFS on Cloudera LIve

Master Collaborator

Tough to know without seeing the exact error, because both the local file system and HDFS permissions are getting checked. I think the issue is probably that the hdfs Linux user does not have permissions to read your absolute path on the local file system.

New Contributor

Thanks Sean for the response. Now I am facing a different issue altogether , when I am trying to recreate the eeror message. I am coming back after few days trying to connect to the Manager Node via Putty. But I am not able to connect to, getting the error message "No Supported authentication methods available' , though I had connected few days back with the same .ppk and ec2-user@<IP>. I am completely stuck here , and any help would be good.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Thanks Sean , I have started a new cluster , and I am now able to load the files to hdfs using the command "hdfs dfs -copyfromlocal" instead of sudo -u .