Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Persisting data created by Quickstart Tutorials

Highlighted

Persisting data created by Quickstart Tutorials

Explorer

Just installed Quickstart 5.13 as a Docker container running in Docker for Windows on Windows 10.

Have started going through the Quickstart Tutorial.

Just wondering if there is a way to persist the Tables and Data created in these Tutorials, so that I don't have to redoo for instance the Sqoop script in Tutorial one to create the tables.

I have created a Shared Volume on my Windows Drive to use and be available for use by Quickstart Container in the /src folder.

docker run --name=my-cloudera --hostname=quickstart.cloudera --privileged=true -t -i -v /Users/UserName/Documents/DockerShare:/src --publish-all=true -p 8888:8888 -p 80:80 -p 7180:7180  cloudera-5-13 /usr/bin/docker-quickstart

Not sure beyond this, how to have data for instance in HDFS at user/hive/warehouse/ to get persisted between container re-start and if that is even possible.

I could have gone the Oracle Virtualbox Quickstart VM route which I have done 2-3 years back, but just learnt about Docker and find it to take far less resources and start everything up so fast.