Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Phoenix JDBC connection is failing from AWS EC2

Highlighted

Phoenix JDBC connection is failing from AWS EC2

Super Collaborator

Hi experts,

I have installed a 5 node Hadoop cluster on AWS EC2. I have the data in Phoenix and now I want to connect it from my local eclipse. Here is the connection string that I am passing:

"jdbc:phoenix:XX.XX.XX.XX:2181:/hbase"

Error logs are:

WARN : org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn - Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method) at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717) at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:361) at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1081) ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper - ZooKeeper getChildren failed after 4 attempts WARN : org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.MetaTableLocator - Got ZK exception org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase WARN : org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn - Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)

INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [com.google.common.cache.RemovalCause]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access. java.lang.IllegalStateException: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [com.google.common.cache.RemovalCause]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access. at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkStateForResourceLoading(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1353)

Using private IP as of now. Should I connect using public IP? Please let me know if any other information is required.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Phoenix JDBC connection is failing from AWS EC2

If you are using private IP addresses, you will have to VPN into the environment. You can create a VPN solution in AWS using OpenVPN or another like product. You could create the public interfaces but that would be highly insecure.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here