Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Phoenix Pig Loader failing on tez

Phoenix Pig Loader failing on tez

New Contributor

Hi there,

I'm trying to get a pig script to run on tez. When running with mapreduce, everything works fine. But when executing on tez I get following error :

Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Can't get the location for replica 0
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCallerWithReadReplicas.getRegionLocations(RpcRetryingCallerWithReadReplicas.java:354)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas.call(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:159)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas.call(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:61)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithoutRetries(RpcRetryingCaller.java:211)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ClientScanner.call(ClientScanner.java:327)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ClientScanner.nextScanner(ClientScanner.java:302)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ClientScanner.initializeScannerInConstruction(ClientScanner.java:167)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ClientScanner.<init>(ClientScanner.java:162)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.getScanner(HTable.java:797)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MetaTableAccessor.fullScan(MetaTableAccessor.java:602)

It looks like tez is not able to access to phoenix client or something like this. I checked out several solutions proposed on other posts but tez looks well configured.

I'm not able to use phoenix on ambari view, and on cli neither.

Am I supposed to add some PATH var to tez in order to make it work with phoenix ?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Phoenix Pig Loader failing on tez

New Contributor

Which version of Pig/Tez/Pheonix/Hbase are you using?

New Contributor

Hi daijy,

I'm using versions packaged in HDP-2.6.3.0

yarn 2.7.3

tez 0.7.0

hbase 1.1.2

phoenix 4.7.0.2.6.2.0-205

Thanks for your answer :)

New Contributor

Yes, I can get the same error. Will take a look, stay tuned.

New Contributor

I find a workaround, put the following line in your pig script:

set zookeeper.znode.parent '/hbase-unsecure'

My guess is in PhoenixHBaseStorage, it doesn't bring hbase context inside setLocation, so Pig does not load hbase-site.xml. Some change may needed in PhoenixHBaseStorage to make it automatic.