Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Phoenix Query timeout issue

Highlighted

Phoenix Query timeout issue

New Contributor

I have a table in HBASE made through phoenix having almost 1 billion records When I run the following query "select count(*) from table" via SQLLINE OR SQUIRREL Phoenix return a time out error "org.apache.phoenix.exception.PhoenixIOException: Failed to get result within timeout, timeout=60000ms" I set my "HBASE_CONF_DIR" and "HBASE_CONF_PATH" environment variable to to use "/etc/hbase/conf"

and have also increased "RPC timeout" and "phoenix timeout". But it always return timeout=60000ms Is there any setting in configuration which require modification?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Phoenix Query timeout issue

New Contributor

I have included all configs mentioned in above article but query fails again I have loaded that table in spark, and then run the count. It gives the result But query fail for sqlline and squirrel

Please share your hbase-site.xml

New Contributor

Awaus,

Did you solved this issue?

Same happens to me.

New Contributor

i also faced the same issue , but it worked for me by changing timeout config(though it took some time for these chnages to come into effect).

I changed the Phoenix Query Timeout config(via Ambari) and tried the query and i got the same timeoutException of default 60 secs.

I verified the updated value in hbase-site.xml config file and tried the same query after some time(around 1hr or may be earlier as well it would have worked) and query executed successfully which took around 90secs. So, it took the timeout changes successfully.

New Contributor

I have the same issue. If I do 'explain select count(*) from table', it returns

CLIENT 3205-CHUNK 2362713879 ROWS 993106407961 BYTES

I know I have less than 2362713879 rows in this table.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here