Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Phoenix secondary indexes failing on hbase.regionserver.wal.codec

Master Guru

I have followed directions here on enabling phoenix secondary indexes and restarted all of hbase (master/Region Servers) and phoenix. It continues to fail during secondary index creation

Error: Error -1 (00000) : Error while executing SQL "CREATE INDEX orig_airlineix ON airline (origin) ASYNC": Remote driver error: RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR 1029 (42Y88): Mutable secondary indexes must have the hbase.regionserver.wal.codec property set to org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.IndexedWALEditCodec in the hbase-sites.xml of every region server. tableName=ORIG_AIRLINEIX -> SQLException: ERROR 1029 (42Y88): Mutable secondary indexes must have the hbase.regionserver.wal.codec property set to org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.IndexedWALEditCodec in the hbase-sites.xml of every region server. tableName=ORIG_AIRLINEIX (state=00000,code=-1)

I have verified in hbase-site.xml

<property>
      <name>hbase.regionserver.wal.codec</name>
      <value>org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.IndexedWALEditCodec</value>
    </property>

Any insights would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

I found the issue. I was using PQS on node which is did not install PQS. I created secondary index pointing to PQS installed by ambari and all is good.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Guru

I found the issue. I was using PQS on node which is did not install PQS. I created secondary index pointing to PQS installed by ambari and all is good.