Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Pig on Hortonworks Sandbox In Azure

Explorer

I can't run pig on Hortonworks Sandbox in Azure. Keep getting this errors.

Input(s):                                                                                                                                            
Failed to read data from "hdfs://sanbox.hortonworks.com:8020/tmp/demo/data/drivers.tsv" 

Any ideas what the issue could be? I can't seem to get this to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

@Fru N. you are trying to load /tmp/demo/piglab04/data/drivers.tsv but your file has a csv extension. Change from tsv to csv. It should work.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Explorer

From Grunt, I get this...

grunt> fs -ls /tmp/demo/piglab04/data                                                                                                                                                   
Found 3 items                                                                                                                                                                           
-rwxrwxrwx   3 maria_dev hdfs       2043 2016-12-08 16:05 /tmp/demo/piglab04/data/drivers.csv                                                                                           
-rwxrwxrwx   3 maria_dev hdfs      26205 2016-12-08 16:05 /tmp/demo/piglab04/data/timesheet.csv                                                                                         
-rwxrwxrwx   3 maria_dev hdfs    2272077 2016-12-08 16:05 /tmp/demo/piglab04/data/truck_event_text_partition.csv 

So, not really sure why it happens only when running pig job. Suspecting it's something to do with the Sandbox image.

Super Collaborator

@Fru N. you are trying to load /tmp/demo/piglab04/data/drivers.tsv but your file has a csv extension. Change from tsv to csv. It should work.

Explorer

That it is! Worked like a charm. Thanks @Mushtaq Rizvi

Super Collaborator

Glad to hear that, please accept the best answer to close the thread