Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Pig store data to Hbase Error when using Hue

Highlighted

Pig store data to Hbase Error when using Hue

New Contributor

My CDH version is 5.1.2, my Hbase version is 0.98.1, my Hue version is 3.6.0. I executed this pig script to load data from Hbase in Hue:

c = LOAD 'hbase://analyze_block_v1' USING org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.HBaseStorage('d:*', '-loadKey true');
dump c;

I got this error : 

ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt  - ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal error. org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/TableInputFormat.

The guide for CDH 5.1.x here and GetHue's guide here tell me that i need to register these file to top of the pig script:

register /usr/lib/zookeeper/zookeeper-<ZooKeeper_version>-cdh<CDH_version>.jar

register /usr/lib/hbase/hbase-<HBase_version>-cdh<CDH_version>-security.jar

The problem is that i can't find the file "hbase-0.98.1-cdh5.1.2-security.jar"  in my Hbase folder  go along with CDH 5.1.2.

I also checked the Hbase package at CDH5.1.2 download page and still can't find hbase-0.98.1-cdh5.1.2-security.jar. It seem it has been removed from Hbase 0.98.1.

I also tried this but still got the same error

REGISTER /usr/lib/hbase/lib/hbase-*.jar;
REGISTER /usr/lib/hbase/lib/protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar
REGISTER /usr/lib/hbase/lib/zookeeper.jar;
REGISTER /usr/lib/hbase/lib/guava-12.0.1.jar;

set hbase.zookeeper.quorum 'localhost'

c = LOAD 'hbase://analyze_block_v1' USING org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.HBaseStorage('d:*', '-loadKey true');
dump c;

Would you please help me fix this error!

Thanks !

2 REPLIES 2

hbase-0.98.1-cdh5.1.2 : where is the hbase-<HBase_version>-cdh<CDH_version>-security.jar file ?

New Contributor

The guide of CDH 5.1.X here told me register these file to allow pig script to use hbase:

register /usr/lib/zookeeper/zookeeper-<ZooKeeper_version>-cdh<CDH_version>.jar
register /usr/lib/hbase/hbase-<HBase_version>-cdh<CDH_version>-security.jar

But i can't find "hbase-0.98.1-cdh5.1.2-security.jar" in Hbase 0.98.1.

Was it removed or replaced by other file?

If the answer is yes, what hbase file do i need to register to allow pig script to use hbase ?

Thanks !

Re: hbase-0.98.1-cdh5.1.2 : where is the hbase-<HBase_version>-cdh<CDH_version>-security

Explorer

I got the same issue using CDH 5.12.0 but strangely enough, it works fine using the bash console (e.g.> pig script.pig). The exact same script doesnt work with HUE.