Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Pig worflow issue: Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.PigMain], exit code [2]

Highlighted

Pig worflow issue: Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.PigMain], exit code [2]

Expert Contributor

Hello,

I am using Hortonworks Data cloud on AWS. I am trying to execute pig script from oozie workflow. while I execute the workflow it throws the error: Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.PigMain], exit code [2]

The PIG script:

A =  LOAD '/ooziejob/input/data.csv' USING PigStorage(',') AS(id:chararray,name:chararray,city:chararray); 
store A into '/ooziejob/output/';    

job.xml:

I have attached the job.xml file.

job.xml

I am new to oozie. please help me to get over this issue.

Thank You.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Pig worflow issue: Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.PigMain], exit code [2]

Expert Contributor
@heta desai

Do you PIG Client installed on all the nodes and is the PIG oozie share lib exists?

Thanks

Venkat

Highlighted

Re: Pig worflow issue: Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.PigMain], exit code [2]

Expert Contributor

@Venkata Sudheer Kumar M

How can I check PIG client installed on all the nodes or not? and Is the PIG oozie share lib exists or not ?

Highlighted

Expert Contributor
@heta desai

if you access to nodes you can check with ls -l /usr/hdp/current/pig-client/ and also by getting into pig shell if have only 2-3 nodes.

Thanks

Venkat

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here