Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

PowerBI ODBC data connection to Hive

PowerBI ODBC data connection to Hive

New Contributor

Hi,

Below is the error I am getting on when I am trying to get data from ODBC .

"UNABLE TO CONNECT"

Encountered an error while trying to connect to ODBC

Details: "ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Hortonworks][Hardy] (34) Error from server: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information (Internal credentials cache error). ERROR [HY000] [Hortonworks][Hardy] (34) Error from server: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information (Internal credentials cache error)."

I am able to sucssefully test the connection from Hortonworks Hive ODBC Driver DSN Setup, both 32bit and 64bit.

Thanks for any help :)

4 REPLIES 4

Re: PowerBI ODBC data connection to Hive

Super Collaborator

Is your HDP cluster in a different realm from the Windows machines? And, is the same user trying to connect via PowerBI as when you did the test?

New Contributor

yes and yes

Super Collaborator

Just for grins, you might do a test with Excel if it is on the node. It doesn't help you, but I have seen the error above when they were in different realms and the realm mapping was not added to the node (but I think the ODBC test will also fail in that case). Sorry I can't help more.

Highlighted

New Contributor

no worries :)