Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

PriviledgedActionException as:ubuntu (auth:SIMPLE) cause:java.io.IOException: File /user/ubuntu/feat

Re: PriviledgedActionException as:ubuntu (auth:SIMPLE) cause:java.io.IOException: File /user/ubuntu/

New Contributor

Ok I found one thing since I am using SOCKS Tunnling.

My property should be :

hadoop.rpc.socket.factory.class.default=org.apache.hadoop.net.SocksSocketFactory

Where as clouldera default setting is

hadoop.rpc.socket.factory.class.default=org.apache.hadoop.net.StandardSocketFactory

Now question is how can I updated this property. Using manager I don't see this property anywhere and I don't know in which location should I update the core-site.xml so that it will effect everywhere?

Highlighted

Re: PriviledgedActionException as:ubuntu (auth:SIMPLE) cause:java.io.IOException: File /user/ubuntu/

Rising Star

Update core-site.xml on the client and all the 3 nodes.

Master Guru

@Dharmesh wrote:

Now question is how can I updated this property. Using manager I don't see this property anywhere and I don't know in which location should I update the core-site.xml so that it will effect everywhere? 

For adding these properties cluster-wide into Cloudera Manager, head to CM -> HDFS -> Configuration (View and Edit) -> Search for keyword "core-site.xml safety valve" -> Edit the appropriate field by adding a list of your desired <property>…</property> configuration XML -> Save Changes. After saving, restart the cluster to propagate to all services, and also click CM -> (Cluster) Actions -> Deploy Client Configuration.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here