Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Problem deploying storm topology -" Found multiple defaults.yaml resources. You're probably bundling the Storm jars with your topology jar"

Hi,

I built my storm topology using eclipse and then compiled into a jar called storm-assignment.jar. I am then trying to deploy the jar in a 3 node hadoop cluster using the command:

storm jar /home/ec2-user/storm-assignment.jar storm.starter.TwitterHashtagStorm exclude defaults.yaml

But I am getting the error message:

Found multiple defaults.yaml resources. You're probably bundling the Storm jars with your topology jar

... 1 more Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264) at backtype.storm.util$eval27$loading__4958__auto____28.invoke(util.clj:1) at backtype.storm.util$eval27.invoke(util.clj:1) at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:6703) at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:6692) at clojure.lang.Compiler.load(Compiler.java:7130) ... 98 more Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Found multiple defaults.yaml resources. You're probably bundling the Storm jars with your topology jar. [jar:file:/home/ec2-user/storm-assignment.jar!/defaults.yaml, jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.4.3.0-227/storm/lib/storm-core-0.10.0.2.4.3.0-227.jar!/defaults.yaml] at backtype.storm.utils.Utils.findAndReadConfigFile(Utils.java:223) at backtype.storm.utils.Utils.readDefaultConfig(Utils.java:267) at backtype.storm.utils.Utils.readStormConfig(Utils.java:293) at backtype.storm.utils.Utils.<clinit>(Utils.java:63) ... 105 more Caused by: java.io.IOException: Found multiple defaults.yaml resources. You're probably bundling the Storm jars with your topology jar. [jar:file:/home/ec2-user/storm-assignment.jar!/defaults.yaml, jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.4.3.0-227/storm/lib/storm-core-0.10.0.2.4.3.0-227.jar!/defaults.yaml] at backtype.storm.utils.Utils.getConfigFileInputStream(Utils.java:249) at backtype.storm.utils.Utils.findAndReadConfigFile(Utils.java:203) ... 108 more

Please could someone help and let me know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Naveen

2 REPLIES 2

Rising Star

@Naveen Keshava

Could you please provide your pom.xml file as well.

Thanks!

Hi @dbains

Thank yuu for your response. After posting this question, I started trying other things. This is because I was trying on a windows machine using eclipse and some blogs/posts suggested some issues on windows platform.

So, I followed the steps laid out in this blog: http://www.haroldnguyen.com/blog/2015/01/setting-up-storm-and-running-your-first-topology/ and was able to dpeloy the ExclamationTopology

However I am having trouble getting the twitter topology to work. I will create a new question for that,.

Thanks

Naveen

Take a Tour of the Community
Don't have an account?
Your experience may be limited. Sign in to explore more.