Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Problem during Ambari Confirm Hosts (Error while bootstrapping)

Expert Contributor

I have installed Ambari-server and it is running, I am able to access Ambari via a web browser but am running into issues during the "Confirm Hosts" step of installation. Below is the error message I have received. I previously had Ambari running before but had to reinstall so I followed the steps here to remove Ambari and begin the installation again. I have tried googling this issue but have been unable to find anything talking about this error.

Does anyone know what this error is and how I would be able to troubleshoot/fix it? Let me know if you need any more information and I would be glad to provide it.

Error while bootstrapping:
/usr/bin/env: ambari-python-wrap: No such file or directory

3547-ambari-install-error-2.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

Most likely, your install of ambari-agent didn't go through. See if /var/lib/ambari-agent is empty. ambari-python-wrap is in this directory. You can check yum transaction log and see if the install went through or try a reinstall of ambari-agent.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Guru

Most likely, your install of ambari-agent didn't go through. See if /var/lib/ambari-agent is empty. ambari-python-wrap is in this directory. You can check yum transaction log and see if the install went through or try a reinstall of ambari-agent.

Expert Contributor

@Ravi Thanks for your quick response. You are correct it was an issue with the installation of ambari-agent. I pulled a new repo and reintalled the agents and was able to have a successful connection on this part of the install.

New Contributor

Thanks Ravi. This solved my rpoblem also.