Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Problem during Ambari Confirm Hosts

Solved Go to solution

Re: Problem during Ambari Confirm Hosts

Contributor

DNS has been configured but I still got an error message. One of the nodes I got the initial error I posted and the other I got the second error. What do you mean by leverage the /etc/hosts? @Neeraj Sabharwal

@Mark Thorson

Make sure that you modify the ambari.ini for agents to point to correct ambari server. Link

/etc/ambari-agent/conf/ambari-agent.ini has ambari server address

Contributor

Alright sounds good. Just to confirm the hostname I should enter would be the server Ambari is running on? Also would the hostname be the FQDN or the DNS name of the server? @Neeraj Sabharwal

Contributor

I had success during the "confirm hosts" stage for one of the servers. During the install I received the attached error message stating it requires fuse but I am unsure what this is. @Neeraj Sabharwal

ambari-install-error.txt

Contributor

I retried the install and the error message did not appear this time. I was able to set up one of the two new servers with a couple warnings.

I tried to manually install the other server the same way but am getting a blank error message just stating the registration failed. When I look at the repolist something doesn't seem right here. It doesn't look like the table shown in the reference guide. @Neeraj Sabharwal

hadoop-support-ambari.jpg

Registering with the server...
Registration with the server failed.

@Mark Thorson Let me confirm

1) You are installing ambari server in one of the nodes

2) You are manually installing agent in all the nodes

I won't worry about table yet.

You should go ahead and do the install

yum install ambari-server

and yum install ambari-agent --> in all nodes

Contributor

@Neeraj Sabharwal Yeah that is correct. I have installed Ambari Server on 1 node and Ambari Agent on all 3. The image below is the 3rd server. When I attempt to perform manual registration for this server I get an error message saying the code below.

Registering with the server...
Registration with the server failed.

2397-hadoop-support-ambari-yum-install.jpg

@Mark Thorson Good news!!! :) We have agent there already

modify ini file and add ambar server address then ambari-server start

Contributor

@Neeraj Sabharwal To confirm you mean the ini file on the machine running Ambari Server? I previously had the 3 servers listed in the ini file. Does Ambari Server require a restart after they have been added?

2399-hadoop-support-ambari-ini.jpg

@Mark Thorson /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ambari-agent.ini

The ini file in 3rd server.

What step are you on now?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here