Re: Problem starting nodemanager

Contributor

Hello all

Has anyone any idea about this issue ?

Thanks

Murat

Cloudera Employee

We would need the /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/ directory stderr and stdout logs for the process that's failing for us to understand the issue. 

You're using the CM tarball, which could have the /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent directory configured if you have specific limitations. 

You can define the location here: tarball_root/etc/init.d/cloudera-scm-agent

Do you have passwordless sudo access for the single user? 

The docs are located here: http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/core/latest/topics/install_singleuser_reqt...

Contributor

Hello

Thank you very much for your reply

If I understand clearly you are mentioning about defining following mount point in scm-agent configuration

cm_processes 132189892 65384 132124508 1% /opt/cloudera/cloudera-manager/cm-5.4.3/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process

[root@<hostname>:/opt/cloudera/cloudera-manager/cm-5.4.3/etc/init.d] ll
total 20
-rwxr-xr-x 1 cloudera-scm cloudera-scm 6656 Jun 26 07:30 cloudera-scm-agent
-rwxr-xr-x 1 cloudera-scm cloudera-scm 7328 Jun 26 07:30 cloudera-scm-server
-rwxr-xr-x 1 cloudera-scm cloudera-scm 2894 Jun 26 07:30 cloudera-scm-server-db

How can I define the process directory in cloudera-scm-agent file?

cloudera-scm user could not have sudo access, we are using Centrify's dzdo and it has different mech.

Thanks

msuluhan

Cloudera Employee

The user either needs passwordless sudo, or a whitelist of sudo commands. I'm not too familiar with Centrify. 

You will need sudo access to enable security, which is why it is a requirement to either have passwordless sudo for the user or a whitelist for the user. 

I don't see the stderr / stdout file to determine why the installation was failing.