Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Problem with Atlas hook for Storm is enabled: submitting a Storm topology using SAM fails due to java.lang.ClassNotFoundException

Problem with Atlas hook for Storm is enabled: submitting a Storm topology using SAM fails due to java.lang.ClassNotFoundException

New Contributor

Hello Guys,

I have setup a standard HDP 2.6.1.0 & HDF 3.0 cluster.

I have enabled the Storm hook for Atlas in Storm config using Ambari. When I disable the hook everything works fine.

But when the hook is enabled, I can not submit a topology anymore failing with the following error message in SAM UI:

Topology submission failed due to: java.lang.Exception: Topology could not be deployed successfully: storm deploy command failed with Exception in thread "main" org.apache.storm.hooks.SubmitterHookException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.atlas.storm.hook.StormAtlasHook

I have checked on the Storm and all worker nodes that the following jar files are available in /usr/hdp/current/storm-client/extlib as symlink:

lrwxrwxrwx1 root root atlas-plugin-classloader-0.8.0.2.6.1.0-129.jar -> /usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/hook/storm/atlas-plugin-classloader-0.8.0.2.6.1.0-129.jar

lrwxrwxrwx1 root root storm-bridge-shim-0.8.0.2.6.1.0-129.jar -> /usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/hook/storm/storm-bridge-shim-0.8.0.2.6.1.0-129.jar

This is the result of the OOTB Ambari installation and I have installed it fresh - no upgrade.

The java lib path looks like this:

java.library.path /usr/local/lib:/opt/local/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/hdp/current/storm-client/lib:/usr/hdp/current/storm-client/extlib

So the required jar files are in the build path, right? Could it be a permission issue?

Any ideas? I am deploying the Storm topology using Streaming Analytics Manager running on the same host as Storm.

BR,

Alexander

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here