Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Problems clustering NiFI on Cloudera

Highlighted

Problems clustering NiFI on Cloudera

New Contributor

Hi all, I am trying to cluster Nifi over cloudera. But I am encountering the following errors associated with cloudera's Kookepper cluster:

2019-11-18 10:00:09,237 ERROR [main-EventThread] o.a.c.f.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl Background operation retry gave up
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss
       at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:102)
       at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.checkBackgroundRetry(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:862)
       at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.processBackgroundOperation(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:647)
       at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.WatcherRemovalFacade.processBackgroundOperation(WatcherRemovalFacade.java:152)
       at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetConfigBuilderImpl$2.processResult(GetConfigBuilderImpl.java:222)
       at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EventThread.processEvent(ClientCnxn.java:601)
       at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EventThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:510)

I am configuring the nifi.properties as follows:

• nifi.cluster.is.node --> true 
  • nifi.cluster.node.address --> hostname of the node
  • nifi.cluster.node.protocol.port --> 9999
  • nifi.zookeeper.connect.string --> hostname1:2181,hostname2:2181,hostname3:2181

And in the browser, i am getting this error, in all the nodes:

Can someone help me with this?

Regards and Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Problems clustering NiFI on Cloudera

Cloudera Employee

Hi are you using CM to manage your NIFI?

Are the nodes here the zookeeper ensemble ( zookeeper cluster )

nifi.zookeeper.connect.string --> hostname1:2181,hostname2:2181,hostname3:2181

Highlighted

Re: Problems clustering NiFI on Cloudera

New Contributor

Yes, I am using CM to manage NIFI cluster.

Also my zookeeper cluster is active, and this nodes are in the same machines as NIFI, managed by the same CM server.

Regards

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here