Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Problems upgrading HDF from 2.6.4.0 -> 3.1.1.0

New Contributor

After registering the 3.1.1.0 version, when I choose to install this version on my cluster, Ambari brings me back to the Stacks and Version page with no 3.1.1.0 stack available to upgrade. I tried going from 2.6.4.0 to 3.0.2.0 with the same results. Is there something I need to do to go from 2.6.4.0 to 3.1.1.0?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@Jeremy Hansen

Are you talking about HDP 2.6.4.0? There is no HDF 2.6.4.0. Assuming that you had an existent HDP 2.6.4.0 cluster and you wish to use the same instance of Ambari to install HDF 3.1.1.0 services, you need to install first the management pack for HDF 3.1.1.0. Here are the steps in the documentation: https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF3/HDF-3.1.1/bk_installing-hdf-on-hdp/content/upgrading_...

Validate that you followed the steps appropriately.

Be aware that you will be able to install only NiFi and NiFi Registry. All other services cannot be installed with Ambari 2.6.1.3 and current HDF 3.1.1.1. You would have to wait until HDF 3.2 to be able to add all other services from HDF 3.2 stack using the same Ambari instance for HDP and HDF.

If this response helped, please vote and accept the response.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Guru

@Jeremy Hansen

Are you talking about HDP 2.6.4.0? There is no HDF 2.6.4.0. Assuming that you had an existent HDP 2.6.4.0 cluster and you wish to use the same instance of Ambari to install HDF 3.1.1.0 services, you need to install first the management pack for HDF 3.1.1.0. Here are the steps in the documentation: https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF3/HDF-3.1.1/bk_installing-hdf-on-hdp/content/upgrading_...

Validate that you followed the steps appropriately.

Be aware that you will be able to install only NiFi and NiFi Registry. All other services cannot be installed with Ambari 2.6.1.3 and current HDF 3.1.1.1. You would have to wait until HDF 3.2 to be able to add all other services from HDF 3.2 stack using the same Ambari instance for HDP and HDF.

If this response helped, please vote and accept the response.

New Contributor

I just realized I had a HDP stack installed from the beginning. During install, I must have mistakenly chose HDP instead of HDF. Since this is a dev cluster, I just did a "ambari-server reset" and restarted over making sure I chose HDF. Thank you!

Contributor

@Jeremy Hansen

Happy that you got a new shot at it 🙂 If the response was helpful, please vote and accept @Constantin Stanca response