Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Problems with views

Explorer

I have the HDP 2.6 sandbox installed. As I am going through the tutorial, I can not get anything to display in the Files view. I have tried this for both the admin and maria_dev accounts. When I try to open the Hive View 2.0, it runs through the checks and give me a "Cannot open a hive connection with connect string" error. I'd love to be able to make it through the tutorial so I can adequately evaluate Hortonworks, but I'm struggling with issues like these that don't seem to be documented and questions asked previously in this community for related issues don't seem to have been answered. Or at least the answers provided do not seem to resolve my issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

Hi @Larry Wilson

The connect string that Hive View 2.0 is using looks ok, however, the Hive View logs show an underlying error: ava.sql.SQLException: org.apache.hive.jdbc.ZooKeeperHiveClientException: Unable to read HiveServer2 configs from ZooKeeper

Do you have HiveServerHA enabled?

I would start by starting/stopping ZooKeeper, then starting/stopping Hive all from Ambari and trying again. Can you do this and report back results.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Explorer

It seems I have figured out part of the problem. I had been using Google Chrome. When I changed to use Microsoft Edge, I was able to see the Files View. However, I still get the same error when trying to view the Hive View 2.0.

Master Mentor

@Larry Wilson

I have a 2.6 single node kerberized cluster but I would think the setup should be the same.
Could you attach here the screenshot of the File view config in the Manage Ambari UI

Guru

Hi @Larry Wilson

I just did a fresh download of the 2.6.1 Sandbox for VirtualBox, and was able to use the 'admin' account to load the files view and the hive server 2.0 view without any issues. Do you have the following entry in your system's hosts file?

127.0.0.1 sandbox.hortonworks.com sandbox

Master Mentor

@Larry Wilson

FYI mine is a single node HDP 2.6 kerberized cluster not a sandbox

Can you upload or what the error in /var/log/hive/hiveserver2.log

Explorer

As far as the Files View is concerned, I was able to get that to work - using a different browser. It won't work with Google Chrome, but will work with Microsoft Edge. In relation to the Hive View 2 issue, I am attaching my hiveserver2.log.hiveserver2.zip

Guru

hi @Larry Wilson

The error could actually be in the Hive View log, and not necessarily in the hiveserver2 log. You might want to check

/var/log/ambari-server/hive20-view/hive20-view.log to see what the connect string error is and could help point us to the right resolution.

Explorer

Here is that log file. hive20-view.zip

Master Mentor

@Larry Wilson

There is a solution for exactly the same issue already posted in HCC have a look at this link

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/122795/sandbox-cannot-open-a-hive-connection-with-connec...

That should help

Explorer

I had seen that post, but was unable to find in the tutorial the optional prerequisite for installing JDBC. I do see the optional install for the ODBC driver, though.